Pedestrian struck, killed by mini-van in Delaware
EDGEMOOR, Del. - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State police are investigating an accident that killed a pedestrian Friday night in Edgemoor.
Officials say a 52-year-old Charles Moon of Claymont was struck by a mini-van in the 6600 block of Governor Printz Boulevard just after 6:00 p.m.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the driver was not injured, but did remain at the accident scene.
Governor Printz Boulevard was shutdown between Cauffiel Parkway and Golden Acres Drive during the investigation and cleanup.
pedestrian struck, delaware, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 5 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands