Local bachelors audition for 'The Bachelorette'
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - January 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Men looking for love got a tryout for the popular show The Bachelorette in Cherry Hill Saturday.
Before there is a rose ceremony or even a season premiere, the 25 bachelors have to be selected to compete for the Bachelorette's heart.
More than a dozen local men had one shot at making season nine of the Bachelorette. They came to Cherry Hill Saturday to give it their best shot.
Peter from Maple Shade, New Jersey picked out a special outfit he thought would impress.
"I decided this would be good, maybe get me noticed," he said.
He joined about 20 men for auditions at the Cherry Hill Health and Racquet Club.
"I'm looking for guys who have charm and are charismatic and someone who is willing to take a leap of faith," said Casting Producer Malissa Chappius.
"I figured I'd meet her here. I was going to give her a flower," said Barak.
Barak took the trip from Brooklyn. He says he is motivated by romance.
"I'm actually just looking for love, that fairly tale love," he said.
Producers have to weed through those just in for the fame.
"I think that is a huge incentive, one of the reasons I want to be on," said one bachelor.
One high school teacher says he is tired of the dating scene.
"I've been on Match.com, OK Cupid, J Date," he said.
And a cage fighting kick boxer says he has a problem with where he is dating.
"It's hard to date in Jersey because Jersey girls and their reputation," he said.
The audience is just one part of the process. In just a couple of weeks, one of the lucky bachelors will find out if they are picked for the show.
By the end of January, producers will have the entire show cast.
bachelorette, cherry hill, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 41 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 23 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
41 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
23 min ago