Woman hurt after SUV overturns in Delaware
MILL CREEK, Del. - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman is recovering after the SUV she was driving snapped a utility pole and overturned in Delaware.
It happened after 8:00 a.m. Thursday in the 2900 block of Mill Creek Road in Mill Creek, Delaware.
New Castle County Police say the driver of a Land Rover SUV lost control and hit a utility pole.
The impact caused the SUV to overturn and the pole to snap, bringing down wires and causing a power outage.
The female driver was taken to Christiana Hospital with injuries said to be non-life-threatening.
Mill Creek Road was closed from McKennans Church Road to Stoney Batter Road as crews worked to clear the scene.
It took Delmarva Power crews nearly four hours to get power restored in the area.
delaware, accident, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall