Woman hurt after SUV overturns in Delaware
MILL CREEK, Del. - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman is recovering after the SUV she was driving snapped a utility pole and overturned in Delaware.
It happened after 8:00 a.m. Thursday in the 2900 block of Mill Creek Road in Mill Creek, Delaware.
New Castle County Police say the driver of a Land Rover SUV lost control and hit a utility pole.
The impact caused the SUV to overturn and the pole to snap, bringing down wires and causing a power outage.
The female driver was taken to Christiana Hospital with injuries said to be non-life-threatening.
Mill Creek Road was closed from McKennans Church Road to Stoney Batter Road as crews worked to clear the scene.
It took Delmarva Power crews nearly four hours to get power restored in the area.
delaware, accident, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police