Police: Man on car chase runs out of gas
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say a man who tried to flee in his car to avoid a traffic stop was caught after the vehicle ran out of gas.
Police spokesman Officer Mark Ivey says authorities spotted a vehicle speeding about 3 p.m. Wednesday in Wilmington. Ivey says an officer tried to stop the car, but it continued to speed onto Interstate 95.
Ivey says it was on the interstate that the vehicle slowed to a stop, out of gas.
37-year-old Tyree Jackson of Wilmington was arrested and charged with numerous traffic offenses. Ivey says Jackson also has a warrant out.
delaware, police chase, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police