Temple student among first murder victims of 2013
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Temple University student has been identified as one of the first murder victims in Philadelphia this year.
Police say 23-year-old Steven Johnson was killed in a shooting on the 1700 block of North Venango early Tuesday morning.
Temple officials tell Action News that Johnson was a senior at the Fox School of Business.
Two other people were shot at the scene, neither was affiliated with the school.
Police say the shooting was the result of an argument.
philadelphia, temple, shooting, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash