Temple student among first murder victims of 2013
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Temple University student has been identified as one of the first murder victims in Philadelphia this year.
Police say 23-year-old Steven Johnson was killed in a shooting on the 1700 block of North Venango early Tuesday morning.
Temple officials tell Action News that Johnson was a senior at the Fox School of Business.
Two other people were shot at the scene, neither was affiliated with the school.
Police say the shooting was the result of an argument.
philadelphia, temple, shooting, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 30 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 58 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber