Temple student among first murder victims of 2013
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Temple University student has been identified as one of the first murder victims in Philadelphia this year.
Police say 23-year-old Steven Johnson was killed in a shooting on the 1700 block of North Venango early Tuesday morning.
Temple officials tell Action News that Johnson was a senior at the Fox School of Business.
Two other people were shot at the scene, neither was affiliated with the school.
Police say the shooting was the result of an argument.
philadelphia, temple, shooting, local/state
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 11 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings 25 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip 50 min ago
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping 14 min ago
- SEPTA announces fare hikes 46 min ago
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician 23 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
14 min ago
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
50 min ago