Suspects sought in armed robbery of Delaware Walgreens
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware police are investigating an armed robbery at a Walgreens in Wilmington, Delaware Thursday night.
The incident happened just after 9:00 p.m. when three males entered the store located on the 800 block of Philadelphia Pike.
Police say one suspect was armed with a handgun when he approached a 50-year-old female cashier who was waiting on two customers.
He then threw a bag over the counter and demanded that the employee put money from the cash register into the bag.
Meanwhile, another suspect also armed, demanded money from a 63-year-old female employee of a store vendor who was working in a merchandise aisle.
The suspect told her to turn over the money in her purse and then fired a shot into the floor.
Both victims handed over an undisclosed amount of cash to the suspects who then fled the store.
There were several employees and customers in the store during the robbery but no one was injured.
The first suspect is described as a black male, 20-25 years old, 6' tall, thin build, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a mask and armed with a handgun.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 20-25 years old, 5'11" tall, average build, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and a mask and armed with a handgun.
The third suspect is described as a black male, 20-25 years old, approximately 5'9", average build, wearing a dark color jacket and pants, and a mask.
Police are asking anyone with information to contact them at 302-834-2630 extension 6.Information can also be submitted through the internet at submit a tip.
robbery, walgreens, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)