Bandits' getaway caught on camera in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are asking for help tracking down a pair of knife-wielding bandits whose getaway was caught on camera.
It happened on December 27th at 9:40 a.m.
Police say the two men walked into LSG Sky Chefs at 8401 Escort Street, showed a knife, tied up the workers and locked them in a room.
They took a cash box and safe then fled in a burgundy colored late 1990's Mercury Gran Marquis.
That getaway was caught by a surveillance camera.
Police released the following descriptions of the suspects and the vehicle:
Suspect #1: Black male, 6'1", long beard, blue/black track pants.
Suspect #2: Black male, 5'9", wearing a hooded sweatshirt.
Vehicle Description: Late 1990's Mercury Gran Marquis with right rear hubcap missing, damage to left side and rusted left front wheel well.
Anyone with information about this crime or these suspects is asked to contact Detective Farrell at the Philadelphia Police Southwest Detectives Division, 215-686-3183/3184.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 7 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 32 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 24 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 51 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ