Police: Driver flees crash with NJ school bus
CLEMENTON, N.J. - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver fled the scene of a crash involving a school bus on Friday morning in Clementon, New Jersey.
The crash happened around 7:30 a.m. in the 100 block of Gibbsboro Road.
Police say the striking vehicle rear-ended the school bus and, after the crash, the driver took off.
However, the teenage students on the bus were able to get a vehicle description and license plate number.
The driver was located in Pine Hill, New Jersey about 45 minutes later.
He was issued summons for failure to report an accident and leaving the scene of an accident. His name was not released.
There were 35 students on the bus, ranging in ages from 14 to 18 years old. Only two students on the bus complained of minor pain and were taken to a local hospital to get checked out.
new jersey, camden county, school bus, accident, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 42 min ago
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
42 min ago