Police: Driver flees crash with NJ school bus
CLEMENTON, N.J. - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver fled the scene of a crash involving a school bus on Friday morning in Clementon, New Jersey.
The crash happened around 7:30 a.m. in the 100 block of Gibbsboro Road.
Police say the striking vehicle rear-ended the school bus and, after the crash, the driver took off.
However, the teenage students on the bus were able to get a vehicle description and license plate number.
The driver was located in Pine Hill, New Jersey about 45 minutes later.
He was issued summons for failure to report an accident and leaving the scene of an accident. His name was not released.
There were 35 students on the bus, ranging in ages from 14 to 18 years old. Only two students on the bus complained of minor pain and were taken to a local hospital to get checked out.
new jersey, camden county, school bus, accident, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos