Auditing error leaves Reading Schools out millions
READING, Pa. - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Reading School district is $11 to $15 million in the hole because of an auditing error.
The shortfall could put the payroll in jeopardy as early as March, leaving thousands of employees without a paycheck.
The district was already dealing with a $40 million budget gap.
It addressed that by closing five schools, eliminating 100 teaching jobs, and raising taxes.
The school board will hold a special meeting Monday to discuss the issue.
school, reading, pennsylvania, local/state
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 22 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington 57 min ago
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire 15 min ago
- Search for missing college student from Skippack 1 min ago
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
22 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
57 min ago
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire
15 min ago
- Tips for Pet Care Savings
33 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos