Auditing error leaves Reading Schools out millions
READING, Pa. - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Reading School district is $11 to $15 million in the hole because of an auditing error.
The shortfall could put the payroll in jeopardy as early as March, leaving thousands of employees without a paycheck.
The district was already dealing with a $40 million budget gap.
It addressed that by closing five schools, eliminating 100 teaching jobs, and raising taxes.
The school board will hold a special meeting Monday to discuss the issue.
school, reading, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 16 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 22 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 24 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 11 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
16 min ago
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East...
22 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts...
11 min ago
- SPCA rescues abandoned dog in Germantown
15 min ago