Man shot, killed by police in N. Philly
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has died after a police-involved shooting in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 9:45 Friday night on the 1500 block of West Sergeant Street.
Few details have been released but the man was shot one time by Philadelphia police.
The suspect was taken to Temple University Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
No officers were injured.
Police have not released any additional information.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Temps soar above normal 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 31 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion