Man shot, killed by police in N. Philly
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has died after a police-involved shooting in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 9:45 Friday night on the 1500 block of West Sergeant Street.
Few details have been released but the man was shot one time by Philadelphia police.
The suspect was taken to Temple University Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
No officers were injured.
Police have not released any additional information.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 42 min ago
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 44 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 53 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 43 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
42 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
44 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
53 min ago