Man injured in South Phila. bar fight
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a bar fight in South Philadelphia that sent one person to the hospital.
It happened around 1:00 Sunday morning at New World Plaza at the intersection of South 6th Street and Washington Avenue.
Authorities say a disturbance broke out and the victim, in his 40s, was struck with a chair.
He was taken to Jefferson Hospital in an unknown condition.
No word what sparked the fight.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, fight, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 58 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 14 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 12 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 16 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 4 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 6 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
14 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos