Man injured in South Phila. bar fight
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a bar fight in South Philadelphia that sent one person to the hospital.
It happened around 1:00 Sunday morning at New World Plaza at the intersection of South 6th Street and Washington Avenue.
Authorities say a disturbance broke out and the victim, in his 40s, was struck with a chair.
He was taken to Jefferson Hospital in an unknown condition.
No word what sparked the fight.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, fight, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 26 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 21 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 14 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 30 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more