Triple shooting at West Philadelphia motorcycle club
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three men were shot after gunfire broke out at a motorcycle club in West Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:00 Sunday morning at the Wheels of Soul on the 6100 block of Market Street.
Arriving police and medics were met with a chaotic scene and several people running from the scene.
Authorities say three men were hit. One victim was shot in the head, another was shot multiple times and the third was shot in the leg.
All three victims were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Two of the men are in critical condition and the third is stable.
Several officers remain on the scene and at the hospital as family and friends of the victims arrive.
The driver of a blue Ford Expedition has been detained for questioning.
So far no word what sparked the shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, motorcycles, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run