Triple shooting at West Philadelphia motorcycle club
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three men were shot after gunfire broke out at a motorcycle club in West Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:00 Sunday morning at the Wheels of Soul on the 6100 block of Market Street.
Arriving police and medics were met with a chaotic scene and several people running from the scene.
Authorities say three men were hit. One victim was shot in the head, another was shot multiple times and the third was shot in the leg.
All three victims were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Two of the men are in critical condition and the third is stable.
Several officers remain on the scene and at the hospital as family and friends of the victims arrive.
The driver of a blue Ford Expedition has been detained for questioning.
So far no word what sparked the shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, motorcycles, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Video: New warning about scams targeting seniors
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy