Triple shooting at West Philadelphia motorcycle club
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three men were shot after gunfire broke out at a motorcycle club in West Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:00 Sunday morning at the Wheels of Soul on the 6100 block of Market Street.
Arriving police and medics were met with a chaotic scene and several people running from the scene.
Authorities say three men were hit. One victim was shot in the head, another was shot multiple times and the third was shot in the leg.
All three victims were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Two of the men are in critical condition and the third is stable.
Several officers remain on the scene and at the hospital as family and friends of the victims arrive.
The driver of a blue Ford Expedition has been detained for questioning.
So far no word what sparked the shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, motorcycles, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
40 min ago