Police arrest suspected armed drug dealer
WILMINGTON - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police arrested a suspected armed drug dealer Saturday afternoon.
Police say a resident called authorities to alert them of a suspect conducting drug transactions near an alleyway in the 800 block of W. 6th Street.
Officials responded to the area and located the suspect, Dashawn Broomer, standing near the alleyway.
Officers quickly detained Broomer without incident.
The officers then searched the immediate area and located a silver 6.35 mm handgun, a box of ammunition, and a bag containing 103.2 grams of marijuana divided into smaller Ziploc bags.
Officers also seized over $1,300 cash in Broomer's possession.
Broomer, who is prohibited from possessing ammunition or firearms due to previous felony convictions for drug dealing and firearms possession, was released from custody after posting $30,000 cash bail and $20,000 secured bond.
delaware, wilmington, guns, drugs, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail 30 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 34 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 22 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive 41 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 24 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 3 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport