Woman nearly struck by SEPTA train
KENSINGTON - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia woman was nearly hit by a SEPTA train last night in Kensington.
Witnesses say the 45-year-old woman was waiting for the Market-Frankford El at the Huntingdon Station when she accidentally fell onto the tracks around 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Officers say other passengers told her to lie between the rails to prevent being run over by the arriving train.
Rescuers soon arrived and pulled her from the tracks.
The woman suffered a cuts and bruises.
philadelphia, SEPTA, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 29 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 35 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 18 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 51 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
35 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos