Woman nearly struck by SEPTA train
KENSINGTON - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia woman was nearly hit by a SEPTA train last night in Kensington.
Witnesses say the 45-year-old woman was waiting for the Market-Frankford El at the Huntingdon Station when she accidentally fell onto the tracks around 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Officers say other passengers told her to lie between the rails to prevent being run over by the arriving train.
Rescuers soon arrived and pulled her from the tracks.
The woman suffered a cuts and bruises.
philadelphia, SEPTA, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos