Six West Philly churches to merge into three
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Church members in West Philadelphia learned Sunday they will be affected by another round of consolidations in the archdiocese.
Six Roman Catholic churches in the area will be reduced to three.
The parishes will be paired as follows:
- St. Callistus joins Our Lady of Lourdes.
- Our Mother of Sorrows merges with St. Ignatius of Loyola.
- Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament joins St. Cyprian.
The mergers are a cost-cutting measure.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 27 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 47 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom