Six West Philly churches to merge into three
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Church members in West Philadelphia learned Sunday they will be affected by another round of consolidations in the archdiocese.
Six Roman Catholic churches in the area will be reduced to three.
The parishes will be paired as follows:
- St. Callistus joins Our Lady of Lourdes.
- Our Mother of Sorrows merges with St. Ignatius of Loyola.
- Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament joins St. Cyprian.
The mergers are a cost-cutting measure.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 35 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
35 min ago