Six West Philly churches to merge into three
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Church members in West Philadelphia learned Sunday they will be affected by another round of consolidations in the archdiocese.
Six Roman Catholic churches in the area will be reduced to three.
The parishes will be paired as follows:
- St. Callistus joins Our Lady of Lourdes.
- Our Mother of Sorrows merges with St. Ignatius of Loyola.
- Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament joins St. Cyprian.
The mergers are a cost-cutting measure.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos