Camden robber shoots elderly man
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an elderly man was shot during an attempted robbery in Camden, New Jersey late Sunday night.
The incident happened around 11:30 p.m. on the 2800 block of North Constitution Road.
Investigators say, a suspect attempted to rob a 70-year-old man in the rear of his home.
When the victim refused to give up his money, the suspect shot him in the hip and fled.
The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital and is listed in stable condition.
According to officials, it does not look like the gunman made off with anything.
Police are searching for the robber.
camden, shooting, robbery, new jersey, local/state
- Snow is turning the ground white again! 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow is turning the ground white again!
11 min ago