Camden robber shoots elderly man
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an elderly man was shot during an attempted robbery in Camden, New Jersey late Sunday night.
The incident happened around 11:30 p.m. on the 2800 block of North Constitution Road.
Investigators say, a suspect attempted to rob a 70-year-old man in the rear of his home.
When the victim refused to give up his money, the suspect shot him in the hip and fled.
The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital and is listed in stable condition.
According to officials, it does not look like the gunman made off with anything.
Police are searching for the robber.
camden, shooting, robbery, new jersey, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm 46 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds 57 min ago
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants 55 min ago
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada 54 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
46 min ago