Camden robber shoots elderly man
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an elderly man was shot during an attempted robbery in Camden, New Jersey late Sunday night.
The incident happened around 11:30 p.m. on the 2800 block of North Constitution Road.
Investigators say, a suspect attempted to rob a 70-year-old man in the rear of his home.
When the victim refused to give up his money, the suspect shot him in the hip and fled.
The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital and is listed in stable condition.
According to officials, it does not look like the gunman made off with anything.
Police are searching for the robber.
camden, shooting, robbery, new jersey, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 42 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act