Camden robber shoots elderly man
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an elderly man was shot during an attempted robbery in Camden, New Jersey late Sunday night.
The incident happened around 11:30 p.m. on the 2800 block of North Constitution Road.
Investigators say, a suspect attempted to rob a 70-year-old man in the rear of his home.
When the victim refused to give up his money, the suspect shot him in the hip and fled.
The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital and is listed in stable condition.
According to officials, it does not look like the gunman made off with anything.
Police are searching for the robber.
camden, shooting, robbery, new jersey, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 12 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 5 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?