Christmas tree blamed for Mercer Co. house fire
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - January 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a Christmas tree may be the blame for a house fire in Hamilton Twp., New Jersey Sunday night.
The fire broke out around 9:30 p.m. on the unit block of Donald Lily Court.
Officials say the fast-moving fire appears to have started accidentally when the family was taking down the Christmas tree.
Crews helped the family get out safely and the fire was brought under control within ten minutes.
There were no reports of injuries and the investigation continues.
fire, christmas, mercer county, new jersey, local/state
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 56 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 15 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 27 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 23 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
23 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos