Christmas tree blamed for Mercer Co. house fire
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - January 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a Christmas tree may be the blame for a house fire in Hamilton Twp., New Jersey Sunday night.
The fire broke out around 9:30 p.m. on the unit block of Donald Lily Court.
Officials say the fast-moving fire appears to have started accidentally when the family was taking down the Christmas tree.
Crews helped the family get out safely and the fire was brought under control within ten minutes.
There were no reports of injuries and the investigation continues.
fire, christmas, mercer county, new jersey, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 2 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 28 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 21 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime 17 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
28 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
21 min ago