Christmas tree blamed for Mercer Co. house fire
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - January 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a Christmas tree may be the blame for a house fire in Hamilton Twp., New Jersey Sunday night.
The fire broke out around 9:30 p.m. on the unit block of Donald Lily Court.
Officials say the fast-moving fire appears to have started accidentally when the family was taking down the Christmas tree.
Crews helped the family get out safely and the fire was brought under control within ten minutes.
There were no reports of injuries and the investigation continues.
fire, christmas, mercer county, new jersey, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 30 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 28 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 45 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier