Man shot in the face in robbery attempt in Philly
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a man in an attempted robbery in North Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The incident happened around 3:30 a.m. near the intersection of Cambria and Mutter Streets.
Police say a masked man, riding a bike approached the 23-year-old victim who didn't understand what the suspect wanted because of a language barrier.
The suspect became frustrated and shot the victim in the face.
The victim was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
robbery, north philadelphia, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 44 min ago
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 46 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 55 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 45 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
44 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
46 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
55 min ago