Man shot in the face in robbery attempt in Philly
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a man in an attempted robbery in North Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The incident happened around 3:30 a.m. near the intersection of Cambria and Mutter Streets.
Police say a masked man, riding a bike approached the 23-year-old victim who didn't understand what the suspect wanted because of a language barrier.
The suspect became frustrated and shot the victim in the face.
The victim was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
robbery, north philadelphia, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Teen shot in Wilmington 17 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition