Suspicious package closes street in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police closed off part of busy Pennsylvania Avenue in Wilmington after receiving reports of a suspicious package.
The road was shut down between North Union and North Dupont Streets for an hour beginning about 10:00 a.m. Monday.
Police were able to determine the suspicious package found on the sidewalk on the west side of the 1100 block of North Union Street was nothing more than a sandbag with wires sticking out of it.
Once the bomb squad determined that all was safe, the road was re-opened.
delaware, bomb scare, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)