Suspicious package closes street in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police closed off part of busy Pennsylvania Avenue in Wilmington after receiving reports of a suspicious package.
The road was shut down between North Union and North Dupont Streets for an hour beginning about 10:00 a.m. Monday.
Police were able to determine the suspicious package found on the sidewalk on the west side of the 1100 block of North Union Street was nothing more than a sandbag with wires sticking out of it.
Once the bomb squad determined that all was safe, the road was re-opened.
delaware, bomb scare, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 13 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
47 min ago