Suspect sought in attempted robbery in Philly
WEST OAK LANE - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect who attemped to rob a 7-Eleven store in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia on New Year's eve.
Authorities say an unknown male entered the 7-Eleven store around 3:15 a.m. in the 7700 block of Ogontz Avenue.
He then walked behind the counter and punched an employee several times while attempting to take money from the cash register.
After a failed attempt in obtaining the money, the suspect decides to leave the store through a locked door.
He then takes a coffee machine and smashes the door glass and flees the store on foot in an unknown direction.
The suspect is described as a black male, 20-25 years of age and medium build. He was wearing a dark gray hooded jacket with a gray hooded sweatshirt underneath, blue jeans, black snearkers and a dark mask covering the lower portion of his face.
If you see the suspect do not approach him, contact 911 immediately.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
7-eleven, robbery, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 47 min ago
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire 19 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Conn. commuter rail service to resume Wednesday
- Nurse viciously attacked outside Cooper Hospital
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 42 min ago
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
47 min ago