Suspect sought in attempted robbery in Philly
WEST OAK LANE - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect who attemped to rob a 7-Eleven store in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia on New Year's eve.
Authorities say an unknown male entered the 7-Eleven store around 3:15 a.m. in the 7700 block of Ogontz Avenue.
He then walked behind the counter and punched an employee several times while attempting to take money from the cash register.
After a failed attempt in obtaining the money, the suspect decides to leave the store through a locked door.
He then takes a coffee machine and smashes the door glass and flees the store on foot in an unknown direction.
The suspect is described as a black male, 20-25 years of age and medium build. He was wearing a dark gray hooded jacket with a gray hooded sweatshirt underneath, blue jeans, black snearkers and a dark mask covering the lower portion of his face.
If you see the suspect do not approach him, contact 911 immediately.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
7-eleven, robbery, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run