Suspect sought in attempted robbery in Philly
WEST OAK LANE - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect who attemped to rob a 7-Eleven store in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia on New Year's eve.
Authorities say an unknown male entered the 7-Eleven store around 3:15 a.m. in the 7700 block of Ogontz Avenue.
He then walked behind the counter and punched an employee several times while attempting to take money from the cash register.
After a failed attempt in obtaining the money, the suspect decides to leave the store through a locked door.
He then takes a coffee machine and smashes the door glass and flees the store on foot in an unknown direction.
The suspect is described as a black male, 20-25 years of age and medium build. He was wearing a dark gray hooded jacket with a gray hooded sweatshirt underneath, blue jeans, black snearkers and a dark mask covering the lower portion of his face.
If you see the suspect do not approach him, contact 911 immediately.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
7-eleven, robbery, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 17 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 25 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- SUV crashes into gas pump, bursts into flames
37 min ago