Cherry Hill Mall brawl caught on tape
CHERRY HILL - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police want to track down the people who were involved in a brawl at a mall in Camden County, New Jersey.
In their continuing investigation into the vicious fight, police are not only trying to identify the culprits, but are also looking for witnesses to come forward. They are hoping someone can help identify the teens involved.
It was all out chaos Saturday night at around 8:00 p.m. inside the Cherry Hill Mall in front of the GAP store.
Cherry Hill Police say 20 or more teens broke into a wild brawl that may have begun with an argument over a girlfriend.
As some shoppers stood and watched the punching and kicking, police say no one bothered to call 9-1-1. It wasn't until Mall Security alerted Cherry Hill Police that authorities learned of what was going on inside the mall.
Police say two teens from Pennsauken, ages 16 and 17, were the targets of the vicious attack.
Authorities say one of the victims was taken to JFK Medical Center where he was treated for scrapes and bruises before being released. The other victim refused treatment.
Mall officials decline to appear on camera but issued the following statement:
"The incident at the Cherry Hill Mall Saturday night is isolated and rare. The mall has a zero tolerance policy for any disruption or crime aimed at our shoppers and employees."
Police expect one of the victims to come in later this week to look at the video and help identify the assailants. If you recognize any of the assailants, you are being asked to call Cherry Hill police.
new jersey, cherry hill, fight, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 22 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 22 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar