Elderly woman burned in Philly apartment fire
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 72-year-old woman is hospitalized after suffering burns during an apartment fire in Northeast Philadelphia Monday night.
The fire broke out just after 9:00 p.m. on the 10000 block of Jamison Avenue.
Firefighters arrived and were able to extinguish the blaze in nine minutes but not before an elderly woman was injured.
Officials say she suffered second degree burns and was rushed to Temple University Hospital for treatment.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 30 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ