Elderly woman burned in Philly apartment fire
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 72-year-old woman is hospitalized after suffering burns during an apartment fire in Northeast Philadelphia Monday night.
The fire broke out just after 9:00 p.m. on the 10000 block of Jamison Avenue.
Firefighters arrived and were able to extinguish the blaze in nine minutes but not before an elderly woman was injured.
Officials say she suffered second degree burns and was rushed to Temple University Hospital for treatment.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 34 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 50 min ago
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line 19 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 11 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
50 min ago