Elderly woman burned in Philly apartment fire
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 72-year-old woman is hospitalized after suffering burns during an apartment fire in Northeast Philadelphia Monday night.
The fire broke out just after 9:00 p.m. on the 10000 block of Jamison Avenue.
Firefighters arrived and were able to extinguish the blaze in nine minutes but not before an elderly woman was injured.
Officials say she suffered second degree burns and was rushed to Temple University Hospital for treatment.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr