2 men arrested in drug bust outside Franklin Mills Mall
PHILADELPHIA - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have arrested two men for attempting to sell high grade marijuana to undercover officers at the Franklin Mills Mall Thursday night.
Prosecutors say 39-year-old Anthony DeRosa of Wilkes Barre, Pa. and 47-year-old Eric Boehm of Goshen, New York drove a 2002 Chrysler Voyager mini-van with at least 20 pounds of marijuana in the back to the mall with intent to make a sale.
Undercover officers with a search warrant found 20 vacuum sealed plastic bags filled with marijuana in a suit case hidden under painter's tarp. Police believe the street value could be as much as $100,000.
The arrests were part of an ongoing investigation into narcotics trafficking from Wilkes Barre/Scranton area into Philadelphia.
Both men have been charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and related charges. Bail was set at $200,000.
marijuana, drugs, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees