2 men arrested in drug bust outside Franklin Mills Mall
PHILADELPHIA - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have arrested two men for attempting to sell high grade marijuana to undercover officers at the Franklin Mills Mall Thursday night.
Prosecutors say 39-year-old Anthony DeRosa of Wilkes Barre, Pa. and 47-year-old Eric Boehm of Goshen, New York drove a 2002 Chrysler Voyager mini-van with at least 20 pounds of marijuana in the back to the mall with intent to make a sale.
Undercover officers with a search warrant found 20 vacuum sealed plastic bags filled with marijuana in a suit case hidden under painter's tarp. Police believe the street value could be as much as $100,000.
The arrests were part of an ongoing investigation into narcotics trafficking from Wilkes Barre/Scranton area into Philadelphia.
Both men have been charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and related charges. Bail was set at $200,000.
marijuana, drugs, philadelphia, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 57 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 22 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 22 min ago
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 22 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
8 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
57 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
22 min ago