Suspect arrested in UPS package theft
PHILADELPHIA - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say surveillance video led to the arrest of a suspect wanted for stealing UPS packages in South Philadelphia last month.
Police arrested 32-year-old Piero Andreini on Monday on theft charges and related offenses.
Police say Andreini stole at least three packages from a residence in the 2200 block of South 16th Street on December 12th shortly after the UPS driver delivered them.
The suspect was caught on surveillance video parking his car near the residence and taking the packages from the front door before fleeing in his car.
Police say an anonymous tip call identified Andreini as the person on the video.
ups, theft, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 49 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 31 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
49 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
31 min ago