Suspect arrested in UPS package theft
PHILADELPHIA - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say surveillance video led to the arrest of a suspect wanted for stealing UPS packages in South Philadelphia last month.
Police arrested 32-year-old Piero Andreini on Monday on theft charges and related offenses.
Police say Andreini stole at least three packages from a residence in the 2200 block of South 16th Street on December 12th shortly after the UPS driver delivered them.
The suspect was caught on surveillance video parking his car near the residence and taking the packages from the front door before fleeing in his car.
Police say an anonymous tip call identified Andreini as the person on the video.
ups, theft, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash