Suspect arrested in UPS package theft
PHILADELPHIA - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say surveillance video led to the arrest of a suspect wanted for stealing UPS packages in South Philadelphia last month.
Police arrested 32-year-old Piero Andreini on Monday on theft charges and related offenses.
Police say Andreini stole at least three packages from a residence in the 2200 block of South 16th Street on December 12th shortly after the UPS driver delivered them.
The suspect was caught on surveillance video parking his car near the residence and taking the packages from the front door before fleeing in his car.
Police say an anonymous tip call identified Andreini as the person on the video.
ups, theft, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 14 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 45 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
41 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
45 min ago