Suspect arrested in UPS package theft
PHILADELPHIA - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say surveillance video led to the arrest of a suspect wanted for stealing UPS packages in South Philadelphia last month.
Police arrested 32-year-old Piero Andreini on Monday on theft charges and related offenses.
Police say Andreini stole at least three packages from a residence in the 2200 block of South 16th Street on December 12th shortly after the UPS driver delivered them.
The suspect was caught on surveillance video parking his car near the residence and taking the packages from the front door before fleeing in his car.
Police say an anonymous tip call identified Andreini as the person on the video.
ups, theft, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 19 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 5 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's 14 min ago
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House 13 min ago
- Fight erupts during Philly Christmas tree...
31 min ago
- Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
14 min ago
- Mysterious, driverless car spotted on highway
13 min ago
- First dog knocks down toddler at White House
13 min ago