Suspect arrested in UPS package theft
PHILADELPHIA - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say surveillance video led to the arrest of a suspect wanted for stealing UPS packages in South Philadelphia last month.
Police arrested 32-year-old Piero Andreini on Monday on theft charges and related offenses.
Police say Andreini stole at least three packages from a residence in the 2200 block of South 16th Street on December 12th shortly after the UPS driver delivered them.
The suspect was caught on surveillance video parking his car near the residence and taking the packages from the front door before fleeing in his car.
Police say an anonymous tip call identified Andreini as the person on the video.
ups, theft, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos