Service restored after water break in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews have restored water to all customers in South Philadelphia after an 8-inch main ruptured.
At least ten properties were impacted in the area of 17th and Bigler Streets after an 8-inch main ruptured Tuesday morning.
Philadelphia Water Department crews shut down the main around 9:30 a.m. and traffic was re-routed around the intersection.
It took several hours to complete the repair.
Service was restored and traffic patterns had returned to normal as of 4:00 p.m.
water main break, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 49 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 1 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 28 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 43 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases