Service restored after water break in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews have restored water to all customers in South Philadelphia after an 8-inch main ruptured.
At least ten properties were impacted in the area of 17th and Bigler Streets after an 8-inch main ruptured Tuesday morning.
Philadelphia Water Department crews shut down the main around 9:30 a.m. and traffic was re-routed around the intersection.
It took several hours to complete the repair.
Service was restored and traffic patterns had returned to normal as of 4:00 p.m.
water main break, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 41 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 1 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!