Fake bomb found under Jeep in Wynnefield Heights
WYNNEFIELD HEIGHTS - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Bomb Squad detonated a fake bomb in the Wynnefield Heights section on Wednesday morning.
Around 8:30 a.m. a resident of the River Park high rise in the 3600 block of Conshohocken Avenue came out to his Jeep Cherokee.
That's when he noticed a box of metal and plastic attached to the underside of his vehicle.
He called police and, soon, the bomb squad was on the scene. A robot was used to remove the device and it was detonated by a low-grade charge.
"It was not a bomb. It was nothing hazardous or dangerous," said Chief Insp. Joseph Sullivan.
Investigators are examining the remains of the box for clues. They are also asking the owner of the Jeep who his enemies are, and who would want to scare him.
No one was injured in this incident.
philadelphia, wynnefield heights, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos