Mom, reported missing by kids, has been found
EAST LANSDOWNE, Pa. - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Delaware County woman, reported missing by her children who were home alone, has been found.
Melissa Brown, 40, was reported missing Tuesday by her children, ages 9 and 11.
Police Chief John Zimath says the children had been living by themselves since Friday.
Police say they finally made contact with Brown on Wednesday afternoon.
There was no immediate word as to why she left or where she has been.
Her neighbors said it isn't like Brown to just disappear.
"That's very surprising. She normally sees that everything goes right. I hope she is okay," said Michelle Jernigan.
The children have been turned over to the county's Children and Youth Services.
Police say no decision has been made so far on whether charges will be filed.
pennsylvania, delaware county, missing person, children, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man rescued from Schuylkill River 16 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 6 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!