Mom, reported missing by kids, has been found
EAST LANSDOWNE, Pa. - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Delaware County woman, reported missing by her children who were home alone, has been found.
Melissa Brown, 40, was reported missing Tuesday by her children, ages 9 and 11.
Police Chief John Zimath says the children had been living by themselves since Friday.
Police say they finally made contact with Brown on Wednesday afternoon.
There was no immediate word as to why she left or where she has been.
Her neighbors said it isn't like Brown to just disappear.
"That's very surprising. She normally sees that everything goes right. I hope she is okay," said Michelle Jernigan.
The children have been turned over to the county's Children and Youth Services.
Police say no decision has been made so far on whether charges will be filed.
pennsylvania, delaware county, missing person, children, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 51 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7