Mom, reported missing by kids, has been found
EAST LANSDOWNE, Pa. - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Delaware County woman, reported missing by her children who were home alone, has been found.
Melissa Brown, 40, was reported missing Tuesday by her children, ages 9 and 11.
Police Chief John Zimath says the children had been living by themselves since Friday.
Police say they finally made contact with Brown on Wednesday afternoon.
There was no immediate word as to why she left or where she has been.
Her neighbors said it isn't like Brown to just disappear.
"That's very surprising. She normally sees that everything goes right. I hope she is okay," said Michelle Jernigan.
The children have been turned over to the county's Children and Youth Services.
Police say no decision has been made so far on whether charges will be filed.
pennsylvania, delaware county, missing person, children, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 12 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
1 min ago