Mom, reported missing by kids, has been found
EAST LANSDOWNE, Pa. - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Delaware County woman, reported missing by her children who were home alone, has been found.
Melissa Brown, 40, was reported missing Tuesday by her children, ages 9 and 11.
Police Chief John Zimath says the children had been living by themselves since Friday.
Police say they finally made contact with Brown on Wednesday afternoon.
There was no immediate word as to why she left or where she has been.
Her neighbors said it isn't like Brown to just disappear.
"That's very surprising. She normally sees that everything goes right. I hope she is okay," said Michelle Jernigan.
The children have been turned over to the county's Children and Youth Services.
Police say no decision has been made so far on whether charges will be filed.
pennsylvania, delaware county, missing person, children, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book