Camden County school closed Thursday in wake of threat
MERCHANTVILLE, N.J. - January 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Camden County school will be closed Thursday due to an unspecified threat, officials say.
The threat was found in the boy's bathroom of the Merchantville School on 130 South Centre Street.
Officials say the school is closed as a precaution.
Police say an active investigation has been started.
Authorities are asking parents to speak to their children about the incident.
Anyone with any information should call the police department.
new jersey, camden county, school, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 9 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar