No injuries in Margate house fire
MARGATE - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- There were no injuries after a two alarm fire in Margate Wednesday night.
Fire broke out in the 100 block of North Jefferson Avenue around 6:30 p.m.
Arriving firefighters found heavy fire showing from the two story home.
The fire was brought under control in about an hour.
Initial reports said one person was unaccounted for, however, it was later learned nobody was home at the time.
A neighboring home also suffered damage during the blaze.
Fire officials are investigating a cause.
new jersey, margate, jersey shore, fire, local/state
- American U: lockdown lifted, suspect in custody 11 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk