Police cruiser involved in crash on I-95 in NE Philly
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- An accident involving a number of vehicles, including a Philadelphia Highway Patrol vehicle, blocked part of I-95 southbound in Northeast Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The crash happened around 5:45 a.m. Thursday south of Academy Road.
The officer was transported to Frankford Aria Hospital with back and shoulder pain where he was treated and released.
Traffic was backed up for a time while crews worked to clear the scene.
There is no word on what led to the crash.
northeast philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom talks 48 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 6 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom...
48 min ago