Delco mother went to NYC, left girl, 6, home
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - January 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Philadelphia-area mother faces charges after leaving her 6-year-old daughter home alone while she went to New York City.
Upper Darby police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says 35-year-old Shawn Kersey faces child endangerment charges after her arrest last week. He says police responded to the home and found the girl crying.
Police say they located Kersey, who allegedly said she left the girl home while she took a bus to New York. Police say the child told them her mother has left her home alone four times and told her to hide in the closet if someone knocks on the door.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Kersey has been arraigned on a felony charge of endangering the welfare of children. A telephone listing for her could not be located.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
upper darby, delaware county, child abuse, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 50 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 37 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 20 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 19 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 39 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 22 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
50 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
20 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
19 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
37 min ago