Delco mother went to NYC, left girl, 6, home
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - January 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Philadelphia-area mother faces charges after leaving her 6-year-old daughter home alone while she went to New York City.
Upper Darby police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says 35-year-old Shawn Kersey faces child endangerment charges after her arrest last week. He says police responded to the home and found the girl crying.
Police say they located Kersey, who allegedly said she left the girl home while she took a bus to New York. Police say the child told them her mother has left her home alone four times and told her to hide in the closet if someone knocks on the door.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Kersey has been arraigned on a felony charge of endangering the welfare of children. A telephone listing for her could not be located.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
upper darby, delaware county, child abuse, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad