Explosive device found in Del. apartment
MILLTOWN, Del. - January 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police are investigating the discovery of an explosive device in a Milltown apartment building.
Police were called to an apartment building in the 4600 block of Haverford Place.
Two apartment buildings were evacuated as a precaution while police removed the device and detonated it.
Police say the device resembled a pipe bomb.
Residents were allowed to return after an hour.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Delaware State Fire Marshal's at 302-323-5375 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-800-TIP-3333.
delaware, new castle county, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 59 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ