Explosive device found in Del. apartment
MILLTOWN, Del. - January 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police are investigating the discovery of an explosive device in a Milltown apartment building.
Police were called to an apartment building in the 4600 block of Haverford Place.
Two apartment buildings were evacuated as a precaution while police removed the device and detonated it.
Police say the device resembled a pipe bomb.
Residents were allowed to return after an hour.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Delaware State Fire Marshal's at 302-323-5375 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-800-TIP-3333.
delaware, new castle county, local/state
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch