Man wanted in Indiana captured in New Jersey
PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in New Jersey have arrested a man wanted in Indiana after nearly three years on the run.
Authorities apprehended 45-year-old Alfredo Burgo-Ramirez in a home in Pemberton Township.
He's been wanted on aggravated assault charges in Indiana since February 2010.
Burgo-Ramirez is accused of beating his girlfriend with a stick, dousing her with pepper spray, placing a knife on her throat and firing a rifle at her.
Federal marshals say he had a loaded handgun and rifle in the room where he was arrested.
Burgo-Ramirez is awaiting extradition.
new jersey, burlington county, indiana, assault, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man