Rite Aid holdup seen on surveillance in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are seeking the public's help in tracking down a drug store bandit caught on camera in Philadelphia.
Police say the man walked into the Rite Aid pharmacy at 2545 Aramingo Avenue at 4:54 p.m. on January 7th.
The man walked up to the counter and gave the clerk a note saying he had a gun and demanding money from the cash register.
The clerk handed over $370, and the man fled on foot.
Police have released this description of the suspect:
Black male, 40-45 years-of-age, 6'0"-6'3", black jacket with a brown hooded sweatshirt underneath, thin mustache, bad teeth, pock mocks on face.
Anyone with information about this crime or this suspect is asked to contact Detective Green or Detective Liebsch at the Philadelphia Police Department East Detectives Division at 215-686-3243/3244.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 29 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 15 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 21 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 52 min ago