Rite Aid holdup seen on surveillance in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are seeking the public's help in tracking down a drug store bandit caught on camera in Philadelphia.
Police say the man walked into the Rite Aid pharmacy at 2545 Aramingo Avenue at 4:54 p.m. on January 7th.
The man walked up to the counter and gave the clerk a note saying he had a gun and demanding money from the cash register.
The clerk handed over $370, and the man fled on foot.
Police have released this description of the suspect:
Black male, 40-45 years-of-age, 6'0"-6'3", black jacket with a brown hooded sweatshirt underneath, thin mustache, bad teeth, pock mocks on face.
Anyone with information about this crime or this suspect is asked to contact Detective Green or Detective Liebsch at the Philadelphia Police Department East Detectives Division at 215-686-3243/3244.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police