Police: Woman stole $280k from friend's estate
BENSALEM, Pa. - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County woman is under arrest for allegedly stealing more than $280,000 from the estate of a long-time friend.
Cecilia Sarachili, 52, of the 600 block of Spring Street in Bristol, is charged with forgery and theft.
The Bensalem Police Department said Sarachili was placed in charge of the friend's estate when that friend was placed in assisted living in December, 2008.
After her friend was in the home, police say Sarachili stole $180,000 in cash and took out a $100,000 line of credit on a home the friend owned.
Police say the money was supposed to be donated to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and Hope for Animals foundation in Morrisville after the friend's death in 2011.
Sarachilli was arraigned and bail was set at $100,000.
pennsylvania, bucks county, theft, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 51 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 19 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 22 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...