Police: Woman stole $280k from friend's estate
BENSALEM, Pa. - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County woman is under arrest for allegedly stealing more than $280,000 from the estate of a long-time friend.
Cecilia Sarachili, 52, of the 600 block of Spring Street in Bristol, is charged with forgery and theft.
The Bensalem Police Department said Sarachili was placed in charge of the friend's estate when that friend was placed in assisted living in December, 2008.
After her friend was in the home, police say Sarachili stole $180,000 in cash and took out a $100,000 line of credit on a home the friend owned.
Police say the money was supposed to be donated to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and Hope for Animals foundation in Morrisville after the friend's death in 2011.
Sarachilli was arraigned and bail was set at $100,000.
pennsylvania, bucks county, theft, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 13 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
51 min ago