Police: Woman stole $280k from friend's estate
BENSALEM, Pa. - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County woman is under arrest for allegedly stealing more than $280,000 from the estate of a long-time friend.
Cecilia Sarachili, 52, of the 600 block of Spring Street in Bristol, is charged with forgery and theft.
The Bensalem Police Department said Sarachili was placed in charge of the friend's estate when that friend was placed in assisted living in December, 2008.
After her friend was in the home, police say Sarachili stole $180,000 in cash and took out a $100,000 line of credit on a home the friend owned.
Police say the money was supposed to be donated to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and Hope for Animals foundation in Morrisville after the friend's death in 2011.
Sarachilli was arraigned and bail was set at $100,000.
pennsylvania, bucks county, theft, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 47 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 15 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape