Pedestrian struck, killed in South Phila.
PHILADELPHIA - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating an accident that killed a pedestrian Friday night.
It happened at 24th and Penrose in South Philadelphia shortly before 6:00 p.m.
Police say a woman in her 40's was struck by a vehicle. She was pronounced dead.
Police have not released the identity of the victim, but say the driver remained at the scene.
Investigators believe poor weather conditions were a factor in the accident.
pedestrian struck, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 3 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos