Pedestrian struck, killed in South Phila.
PHILADELPHIA - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating an accident that killed a pedestrian Friday night.
It happened at 24th and Penrose in South Philadelphia shortly before 6:00 p.m.
Police say a woman in her 40's was struck by a vehicle. She was pronounced dead.
Police have not released the identity of the victim, but say the driver remained at the scene.
Investigators believe poor weather conditions were a factor in the accident.
pedestrian struck, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 40 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 28 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
28 min ago