1 dead, 1 injured in Roosevelt Blvd. crash
HUNTING PARK - January 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was killed and another person injured when a vehicle slammed into a tree along Roosevelt Boulevard.
It happened around 2:00 Saturday morning in the northbound outer lanes of the road near 5th Street.
Authorities say the driver of a Pontiac Bonneville was speeding when he lost control and slammed into the tree.
The impact of the crash ejected the driver and his passenger from the vehicle.
Both victims were taken to Albert Einstein Hospital.
The passenger was pronounced dead and the driver is listed in stable condition with a broken arm.
No charges have been filed. The crash remains under investigation.
philadelphia, accident, roosevelt boulevard, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 29 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 17 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden 8 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 6 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial