Man stabbed in the chest in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - January 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating what led to a stabbing in Port Richmond that left a man in critical condition.
It happened around 11:15 Friday evening on the 3600 block of Richmond Street.
Officers responded to the scene after the report of a weapon.
The 52-year-old victim was found with a stab wound to the chest. He was taken to Hahnemann Hospital in critical condition.
Police arrested the victim's girlfriend, 53-year-old Lorraine Smith, at the scene.
She faces a number of assault charges and related offenses.
A motive for the stabbing has not been released.
philadelphia, port richmond, stabbing, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay 1 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 27 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 31 min ago
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man 48 min ago
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 23 min ago
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 32 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million 33 min ago
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
27 min ago