Police: DUI driver crashes into liquor store
GERMANTOWN - January 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman is facing DUI charges after she allegedly crashed into a liquor store and fled the scene.
It happened around 3:00 Saturday morning on the 7100 block of Germantown Avenue.
Investigators say the driver, identified as 28-year-old Dovita Douglas - lost control, slammed into the Pennsylvania Wine and Spirits store and left the scene.
The vehicle's information was broadcast over police radio.
Officers later spotted Douglas' vehicle near West Mount Pleasant and Lincoln Drive - running multiple red lights and driving erratically.
The woman left the scene but was caught when police stopped a Lexus with front end damage on the 500 block of West Hortter Street.
Authorities say the driver faces charges for DUI and related offenses.
philadelphia, accident, DUI, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 8 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail 23 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint 17 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
8 min ago