Fog leads to arrival delays at Philly airport
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- The National Weather Service has posted a dense fog advisory for parts of eastern and east-central Pennsylvania overnight.
Forecasters say the advisory would remain in effect from 7 p.m. Sunday until 7 a.m. Monday. They say the fog will reduce visibility to less than a quarter-mile at times, resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
The fog has been causing some flight delays at Philadelphia International Airport, where spokeswoman Victoria Lupica says some arriving flights Sunday have been delayed for as much as 2½ hours.
The airport is advising travelers to check on their flight status by calling airlines, looking on www.phl.org or calling the toll-free flight information number: 1-800-745-4283.
philadelphia, philadelphia international airport, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 15 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 33 min ago
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 7 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
15 min ago