Fog leads to arrival delays at Philly airport
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- The National Weather Service has posted a dense fog advisory for parts of eastern and east-central Pennsylvania overnight.
Forecasters say the advisory would remain in effect from 7 p.m. Sunday until 7 a.m. Monday. They say the fog will reduce visibility to less than a quarter-mile at times, resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
The fog has been causing some flight delays at Philadelphia International Airport, where spokeswoman Victoria Lupica says some arriving flights Sunday have been delayed for as much as 2½ hours.
The airport is advising travelers to check on their flight status by calling airlines, looking on www.phl.org or calling the toll-free flight information number: 1-800-745-4283.
philadelphia, philadelphia international airport, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?