Fog leads to arrival delays at Philly airport
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- The National Weather Service has posted a dense fog advisory for parts of eastern and east-central Pennsylvania overnight.
Forecasters say the advisory would remain in effect from 7 p.m. Sunday until 7 a.m. Monday. They say the fog will reduce visibility to less than a quarter-mile at times, resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
The fog has been causing some flight delays at Philadelphia International Airport, where spokeswoman Victoria Lupica says some arriving flights Sunday have been delayed for as much as 2½ hours.
The airport is advising travelers to check on their flight status by calling airlines, looking on www.phl.org or calling the toll-free flight information number: 1-800-745-4283.
philadelphia, philadelphia international airport, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 22 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore 35 min ago
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office...
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos